Stage Marine Gangways
Safe Harbor Marine is the leading manufacturer of custom stage gangways for all marine applications. Stage gangways are used by crew and passengers when embarking and disembarking from ships, barges and tankers. While not designed to handle heavy cargo, stage gangways can be used to bring supplies and light cargo loads onboard. They are designed to accommodate the movement of the ship and elevation changes resulting from tides and whether the ship is laden with cargo or empty.
Safe Harbor’s experienced engineers will work with you to design a stage gangway that will meet your access requirements, whether you need a short gangway for a commercial fishing boat or a long, heavy-duty gangway for a cruise ship or tanker. We are expert at designing gangways that safely accommodate personnel and cargo throughout changes in water level and ship elevations due to tides and cargo weight. And, we specialize in custom gangways, so you can be assured your stage gangway will meet your exact specifications and will be delivered on time and on budget.
Our gangways are used for ships of all sizes, from small commercial boats to cruise ships, barges and tankers. They are available in a wide range of sizes and styles, with the following features and options:
- Rigid or rope handrails
- Decking in aluminum sheet, treadplate, open grating or extruded decking to provide easy transport of cargo with maximum safety
- Distributed load capacity up to 750 lbs.
- Lengths of 12’ to 40’ and widths from 24”
- Flat ramp
- Self-leveling mountings to provide safe access throughout changes in tides and ship elevation
- Curved tread to provide fall protection when moving cargo over steeper angles
- Variety of cleat styles to allow for more secure footing at steeper angles and increase the load distribution of your cargo
- Construction using aluminum alloys specifically designed to for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion- and saltwater-resistant
The portable design allows the gangway to be kept dockside or stowed onboard.
Our gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be manufactured to meet industry standards if required.
At Safe Harbor Marine, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your cargo loading and unloading challenge. We will work with you to design and manufacture a stage gangway that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your Safe Harbor Marine stage gangway.