Telescopic Marine Gangways
Safe Harbor Marine manufactures custom telescopic marine gangways used by the marine industry to provide access to ships and docks for transporting personnel and cargo. As the leading manufacturer of custom marine equipment, Safe Harbor Marine has earned a reputation for high-quality custom gangways that perform reliably in harsh marine environments. Our telescopic gangways provide access to difficult-to-reach areas on ships and between docks and ships. Their retractable ramps allow for easy storage without using excess space.
Retractable Gangway Design
Our engineers have the experience and application knowledge to design a telescoping gangway to meet your exact application requirements, whether you are transporting passengers between dock and ship or need to provide access to difficult-to-reach equipment or cargo holds. Safe Harbor Marine specializes in custom designs and we have the capabilities to design and manufacture your telescopic marine gangway to meet your requirements while meeting your budget and delivery deadline.
Our telescoping marine gangways are retracting, two-stage gangways designed for easy extension and retraction. They are constructed to withstand heavy use and are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to handle the capacity and length you require for your application.
Features of our retractable gangways include:
- Pneumatic and hydraulic assist and spring counter support
- Automatic or manual standard right stanchions
- Self-leveling treads that allow access 40’ above or below horizontal
- Custom telescoping extensions. The standard is a 22” extension.
- Custom load capacities, with a standard 500 lb. load capacity
- Full safety features including oversized top rail and midrail painted yellow, rubber bumpers and optional safety cage
- 24-72” widths and 3-7’ lengths
- Variety of cleat styles to allow for more secure footing at steeper angles
- Construction using stainless steel, brass and aluminum alloys specifically designed to for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion- and saltwater-resistant
Our retractable & telescopic gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be manufactured to meet industry standards if required.
At Safe Harbor Marine, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your personnel and cargo loading and unloading challenge. We will work with you to design and manufacture a telescoping marine gangway that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your Safe Harbor Marine telescoping gangway.