Ship Access Gangways
What Are Ship Gangways?
A ship gangway, also known as a ship brow or accommodation ladder, is a passageway that joins a ship’s quarterdeck to the forecastle. Today’s use of ship gangways is for passengers to safely board and exit a ship, as well as for loading and unloading, and repairing ships. Safe Harbor Marine is a leading manufacturer of ship gangways and ship access systems. We specialize in ship access gangways used by the marine industry to provide access to ships and docks for transportation.
Ship Gangway Benefits
Our ship gangways and access systems have earned the reputation for safe, reliable performance in heavy-duty operations in harsh marine environments. We ensure that we manufacture OSHA complaint ship gangways that are designed for worker safety. For corrosion and saltwater resistance, we manufacture our ship gangways using aluminum alloys. We also specialize in custom ship gangway designs and have the capabilities to design and manufacture your ship access equipment to meet your requirements while meeting your budget and delivery deadline.
Types of Ship Access Systems:
Safe Harbor Marine is committed to workplace safety for barges and ships which is why we manufacture durable and long-lasting ship access systems and gangways. Some of the types of ship access systems we manufacture include:
- Stage gangways
- Truss gangways
- Tracking gangways
- Portable gangways
- Telescoping gangways
- Marine Accommodation Ladders
- Marine Loading Arms
Ship Gangway Features:
- Designs that adjust to changes in tide and barge levels
- Custom load capacities for ramps, bridges, and platforms
- Custom widths and lengths
- Floating, pivot, and track mounting options
- Manual, hydraulic or pneumatic controls for telescoping and tracking gangways
- Self-leveling treads for gangways and ramps
- Construction using aluminum alloys specifically designed to for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion- and saltwater-resistant
- Pipe handrails that serve as an extra safety measure for operators
Ships That Use Gangways:
- Commercial Ships, including Cruise Ships
- Cargo Vessels
- Container Ships
- Transport Ships
- Naval Ships
Safe Harbor Certifications and Commitments
Our marine products meet or exceed OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be custom manufactured to meet more stringent customer requirements.
At Safe Harbor Marine, we are committed to providing you with a safe solution for access to your marine vessel and dock. We will work with you to design and manufacture a ship gangway, ramp or ladder that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your Safe Harbor Marine product. Contact us to customize your ship access system today!