Track Mounted Gangways
Safe Harbor Marine is the leading manufacturer of custom tracking gangways for dockside access to ships and barges. Track mounted gangways move along tracks on the dock and can be secured in place to provide safe transport between ship and dock.
What is a Track Mounted Gangway?
A track mounted gangway is a type of gangway that can be automatically raised or lowered to meet the varying levels of ships and barges. Tracking gangways are designed with fixed or pivoting mounts depending on the application. The gangway ramps offer an efficient solution to loading and unloading cargo.
The tracking gangways are built to the highest safety standards and provide fall protection for your employees during operations.
Custom Tracking Gangway Design
Our engineers are experts in marine gangway design, with the application knowledge to ensure that your custom tracking gangway meets your exact application requirements. We specialize in custom designs and have the capability to design and manufacture your tracking gangway to meet your requirements while meeting your budget and delivery deadline. Our tracking gangways provide heavy-duty performance for applications ranging from single point access for barges to multi-point loading for container ships.
Materials for Track Mounted Gangways
Safe Harbor’s horizontal tracking marine gangways are constructed to withstand heavy use and are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to handle the capacity and ship access points you require for your application. Our company offers this type of gangway in stainless steel, brass, and aluminum alloys specifically designed for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion- and saltwater-resistant.
Tracking Gangway Features
- Horizontal tracking along custom dockside rails
- Vertical lifting to provide access to various levels of the barge or ship
- Fixed or pivoting mounts
- Manual, pneumatic or hydraulic controls for horizontal and vertical movement
- Single or multiple ramp configurations
- Ramp configurations to handle your cargo weight requirements
- Full safety and fall protection systems, including rails, safety cages, and braking systems
- Heavy-duty wheels
- Variety of cleat styles to allow for more secure footing at steeper angles
- Gangway Width: 24" Wide Standard | 30" Wide | 36" Wide | Customization available upon request
Common Applications for Track Mounted Gangways
Custom track mounted gangways are commonly used for the following applications:
- Access to ships and barges
- Marine vessels
- Allow passage from a dock to a ship
- Bringing supplies and light cargo loads onboard
- Accommodate the movement of the ship and elevation changes from tides or ship
- Commercial fishing boats
- Cruise ships
OSHA Standard Compliance
Our horizontal tracking gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be manufactured to meet industry standards if required.
At Safe Harbor Marine, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your personnel and cargo loading and unloading challenges. We will work with you to design and manufacture a tracking gangway that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your Safe Harbor Marine tracking gangway.