Straight Truss Gangways
Safe Harbor Marine is the leading manufacturer of custom marine equipment, including truss gangways and straight truss gangways, for a wide range of applications. Truss gangways are used to facilitate loading and unloading of cargo from ships and offshore platforms. They are more mostly used for nonpermanent applications. They must accommodate the size and load of the cargo while providing safe secure footing for personnel and the equipment used to move the cargo. In addition, the gangways need to provide safe passage in both high and low tides and when the ships are full and riding low in the water, or empty of cargo and riding high.
Safe Harbor’s engineers have the experience and application knowledge to design a truss gangway that will meet your cargo requirements and safely adjust to the varying levels of the water and the ship throughout loading and unloading. We specialize in custom designs and have the capabilities to design and manufacture your truss gangway to meet your deadline and budget.
Truss Gangway Applications
Our straight truss gangways are used by:
- On oil & gas offshore platforms and refineries
- Naval vessels
- Transport ships
- Cargo vessels
- Container ships.
Straight Truss Gangway Features
The truss gangways are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to handle the capacity and length you require for your application. The features of our gangways include:
- Custom truss depth to provide maximum support and safety based on the length, capacity, and use of the gangway. The standard depth is 60 lbs./sq. ft.
- Decking in aluminum sheet, treadplate, open grating or extruded decking to provide easy transport of cargo with maximum safety
- Flat ramp
- Variety of cleat styles to allow for more secure footing at steeper angles and increase the load distribution of your cargo
- Self-leveling mountings
- Construction using aluminum alloys specifically designed to for use in marine and saltwater environments with welded joints that are corrosion- and saltwater-resistant
Our gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be manufactured to meet industry standards if required.
At Safe Harbor Marine, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your cargo loading and unloading challenge. We will work with you to design and manufacture a truss gangway that will meet your exact requirements and will continue to perform well for many years. We support our products with superior customer service that will ensure that you are satisfied with your Safe Harbor Marine truss gangway.